CompTIA Network+ Certification demonstrates competence as an entry-level Network Professional.
Network+ is a vendor neutral certification that proves an IT professional's expertise in managing, maintaining, troubleshooting, installing and configuring basic computer networks.
Beyond its standalone value, CompTIA Network+ certification is the gateway to a range of in-demand IT credentials. Microsoft included Network+ certification in their Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification program, and other certifying bodies such as Novell, Cisco and HP recognize CompTIA's Network+ certificate as a requirement in their career certification tracks.
Becoming Network+ certified is a distinctive step toward a career in networking or telecommunications. Universities, colleges and private computer schools offer networking courses and specialized college degrees featuring Network+ training and exam prep. Compare Network+ training programs and degrees in the U.S. and online below.
CompTIA Network+ Certification Exams
Network+ Certification Prerequisites
CompTIA Network+ Certification Training
Network+ Certification Jobs
Network+ Certification Salary
Network+ Related Certifications
Network+ Related Careers
Skills Measured by Network+ Certification
Here are some of the key skills covered in the CompTIA Network+ certification exam. Net+ certified professionals can:
- Manage and troubleshoot a basic network infrastructure.
- Install, operate and configure wired and wireless networks.
- Identify and explain common networking protocols and ports.
- Identify and troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues.
- Install, configure and differentiate between common network devices.
- Describe networking technologies and basic network design principles.
- Adhere to wiring standards and use the latest network testing tools.
- Operate using the best practices in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Understand key cyber security concepts and work closely with info-sec specialists.
Download the CompTIA Network+ Exam Objectives for a more complete curriculum.
Network+ Certification Exams
- Network+ Certification (Exam # N10-007)
|CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam Objectives | N10-007|
Exam Type: Multiple choice (which may have more than one correct answer), Drag & Drops, and Performance-based questions
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Exam Length: Maximum of 90 questions
Network+ Exam Cost: $319 USD
Passing Score: 720 out of 900
- Required: There are no required prerequisites for Network+ certification.
- Recommended: A+ certification and/or 9 months of networking experience or equivalent education
Browse the top-rated undergrad & graduate degree programs, professional certificates, and self-paced online training courses matching the CompTIA Network+ certification and related career tracks.
Course Highlights & Certifications
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Network+ certification helps prepare you for a variety of IT job roles including:
- Network Support Technician: Browse Network Support Jobs
- Systems Administrator: Browse Systems Administrator Jobs
- Network Administrator: Browse Network Administrator Jobs
- Network Engineer jobs: Browse Network Engineer Job Openings
- Network Designer: Browse Network Designer Job Openings
- More Jobs for CompTIA Certified Pros: Browse CompTIA Jobs
Average salary for Network+ certified professionals and related CompTIA certification holders:
- CompTIA A+: $59,000
- CompTIA Server+: $63,000
- CompTIA Network+: $63,000
- CompTIA Project+: $67,000
- CompTIA Linux+: $70,000
- CompTIA Security+: $72,000
- CompTIA CTT+: $74,000
- CompTIA Cloud+: $74,000
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP): $84,000
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Microsoft MCTS Certifications